Optically, these binoculars benefit from proprietary XR anti-reflection fully multi-coated optics that maximize light transmission through the light path and improve contrast and color rendition across the entire visual spectrum. The compact roof prisms are dielectric coated. Phase-corrected coatings limit internal interference, light loss, and diffraction while maximizing light transmission through the prism system. These features work together to produce bright, sharp, and clear high-contrast views with accurate color fidelity and crisp resolution. The larger objective lenses boost the binoculars' light-gathering capabilities to draw in the available light and maintain bright images even when conditions are less than ideal, such as in the predawn and late dusk hours or when looking into dense brush or using under heavy cloud cover.
Complementing the optical performance are construction details that allow the Viper HD to withstand the rigors of the trail. The optical tubes are O-ring sealed and argon filled to be waterproof and resistant to internal fogging if the weather turns or they take an accidental spill in a stream or puddle. Protecting the optical components is a polycarbonate chassis that is lightweight and durable as well as resistant to the expansion and contraction that metal suffers from, which can lead to fuzzy views over time. Includes a GlassPak binoculars harness case that protects the optic when not in use while keeping them close to your body, preventing swinging and swaying as you move or climb over rough and rocky terrain. Objective lens caps and a one-piece ocular rain guard protect the exterior lens surfaces. To keep the caps and rain guard safe during use, they are tethered to the body and strap, respectively.
- 8x power brings subjects in for observations without sacrificing field of view, eye relief, and exit pupil.
- 42mm objective lenses boost light-gathering capability versus smaller lenses for improved vision in challenging conditions such as at dawn and dusk.
- Compact roof prism light path ensures performance without adding excessive weight and bulk.
- Phase-correcting prism coatings eliminate internal interference to improve color and contrast.
- Dielectric prism coatings boost internal prism reflectivity to greater than 99% to maximize light transmission through the prism with minimal loss and diffraction.
- High-density (HD), extra-low dispersion (ED) glass lens elements reduce chromatic and spherical aberrations for increased contrast and improved color rendition and sharpness without distortion across the entire field of view.
- Proprietary XR anti-reflection fully multi-coated optics increase light transmission for accurate color fidelity and improved contrast and clarity.
- ArmorTek exterior lens coatings resist scratches and abrasions while allowing oil, dirt, and sap to be cleaned off without leaving smudges or residue.
- Short 5 feet minimum focusing distance allows for extremely detailed observations of small birds, bugs, insects, flora, and fauna at close range.
- Wide 7.8° angle of view provides a spacious field of view.
- Generous 409 feet field of view at 1000 yards.
Size and Weight
- Height 5.6 inches.
- Width 4.9 inches.
- Weight 24.5 oz.
Use and Handling
- Closed bridge configuration provides a solid platform for the internal focusing mechanism.
- Large slip-resistant center focus knob is easy to manipulate in cold and wet weather or while wearing gloves.
- Locking right eye dioptric correction lets you compensate for individual eye prescription for tack-sharp views.
- 56-74 mm interpupillary distance range allows easy viewing by a wide variety of users.
- Twist-up click-stop rubber eyecups for comfortable use with or without eyewear.
- Tripod mountable with an optional adapter for hands-free use to reduce vibration and arm fatigue.
- Long 18 mm eye relief reduces eyestrain to make for more comfortable viewing, especially over extended periods.
- Wide 5.25 mm exit pupil will completely cover pupils as they open and fully dilate in low light to ensure the whole scene remains in view without vignetting.
- Lightweight and impact-resistant polycarbonate chassis.
- Chassis material is temperature resistant, limiting the expansion and contraction that can occur with metal materials and which can cause the optical components to move out of alignment over time.
- Rubber armoring provides protection from bumps and impacts while offering a positive slip-resistant grip in cold and wet weather.
- O-ring sealed and argon filled to be waterproof and resistant to internal fogging when moving through extreme changes in temperature or environmental conditions.
- Tethered objective lens caps and one-piece ocular rain guard protect the lens surfaces without the fear of losing them when not in use.
- GlassPak binoculars harness holds the optic close to your body to keep it safe and secure without swinging or hanging when moving or climbing over rough terrain.