The 8x42 Razor HD Binoculars from Vortex are smaller, lighter, brighter, and stronger than ever before. They are a versatile optic that is ideal for multiple applications from close to long-distance observation. Their lightweight construction and high optical performance make them an extremely desirable viewing instrument.
The binoculars render views in high contrast with accurate color through the use of high-density (HD) extra-low dispersion (ED) glass, an apochromatic lens configuration, XR Plus lens coatings, and dielectric and phase-correcting prism coatings, which raise the level of optical excellence for these roof prism binoculars. The benefits include excellence in color sharpness, coating durability, overall performance, increased resolution, color fidelity, clarity, brightness, and greater light transmission. Additional lens protection from scratches, oil, and dust is provided by the ArmorTek exterior lens coating.
The Razor HD is argon filled and sealed with O-rings to ensure reliable and durable protection against dust, debris, fog, and water. The binoculars are rubber armored for non-slip, durable protection and is equipped with a large focusing knob that is easy to use even while wearing gloves. Naturally contoured to perfectly fit your hands, promoting comfort, and eliminating user fatigue, with the Razor HD Vortex has once again created a winning combination of features.
- 8x magnification.
- 42mm objective lenses.
- Compact roof prisms.
- High-density (HD) extra low-dispersion (ED) glass corrects chromatic and spherical aberrations to eliminate off-axis comas and improve color and contrast.
- Phase-correcting prism coatings improve resolution, clarity, and contrast.
- Highly reflective dielectric prism coatings virtually eliminate internal light loss.
- XR Plus fully multi-coated optics improve light transmission, color rendition, and contrast.
- Short 6-foot close-focus distance.
- 4° angle of view.
- Eye Relief 17.5mm.
- Eye Pupil 5.3 mm.
- Interpupillary Distance 55-75 mm.
- 388-foot field of view at 1000 yards.
Size and Weight
- Height 5.9 inches.
- Width 5.1 inches.
- Weight 24.2 oz.
Use and Handling
- Closed-bridge configuration.
- Large textured and slip-resistant center focusing wheel.
- Right-eye dioptric correction.
- Twist-up click-stop rubber eyecups for comfortable use with or without eyewear.
- Tripod mountable with optional adapter.
- 5mm eye relief.
- Wide 5.3mm exit pupil will completely cover most pupils when they open and dilate in low light.
- Includes GlassPak binoculars harness carry case with zippered accessory pocket.
- Lightweight and strong magnesium-alloy chassis.
- Protective rubber armor provides a slip-resistant grip.
- O-ring sealed and argon filled to be waterproof and resistant to internal fogging when moving through extreme temperature and environmental conditions.
- Scratch-resistant ArmorTek exterior lens coatings repel oils and corrosive materials from lenses.